Backup & Recovery
ON PREMISE This article applies only to Valsight On-Premise. Contact support for Cloud installations.
A complete backup of the application consists of:
- Complete database
- conf/ directory for the database configuration
- Installation Files & License file
All user data is part of the database dump, Valsight does not store additional user files in its working directory.
To recover a previous backup:
- Drop & recreate the database from the backup
- restore the configuration
- make sure that the installation matches the version of the backup and that the license file is in the right place
pg_dump es-rest-service | bzip2 -c > “backup.sql.bz2“
createdb -O grails es-rest-service
bunzip –c backup.sql.bz2 | psql es-rest-service